Friday, March 20, 2015

More Loss Mitigation Programs on the way-

Getting Started-

I have never wrote a blog before but after 25 years in the mortgage business, I am ready. Most of my career has been spent on the default side of things. 

That means you would not deal with me or my department until a homeowner was severely past due on their house payments, in bankruptcy or foreclosure. 

I also managed a short sale team for a mortgage servicer and spoke often at Real Estate events on how agents and brokers could increase their chances of submitting a success short sale package.

Despite the governments programs (Hamp/Tarp), I have always argued that a loan modification will not help the homeowner if there is no steady employment or if the borrowers budget is not taken into consideration. If you have been one of the fortunate ones to get a loan mod and been able to make the payments as required, you are very fortunate.

Most loan mods end up right back where they started. I don't intend to talk down to homeowners in this blog. They have the right to know (in plain, simple English) what is going on with mortgage servicers, the investors and how it all impacts them.

Why am I writing this blog?

I have had family members and friends lose their homes to foreclosure or short sales. It tore me up inside because I knew I could only offer support and some advice. In the end, if they had reached out to me a little sooner, some of the pain and frustration could have been avoided. 

If you choose to read my blog, know one thing. I am trying to educate you on how you MIGHT be able to save your house. I am not a lawyer (although I currently work for a law firm) and I am not a financial genius who can create a magical budget for you so that you can keep your home.

In other words, I am not responsible for any negative results that you may run across. This is about your home and about the decisions you make for you and your family. In my opinion, there are so many things that homeowners just don't know about when it comes to dealing with their mortgage companies.

Having worked for a major mortgage company in my lifetime, I could not tell a homeowner what to do or not to do. I tried to give them the information they needed to make an informed decision. Had the homeowner invested just a little time and effort in how to protect their homes, the results might have been a little different. 

It's not too late. It is time for you to take on some responsibility and deal with it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment